Haddington & District ASC have a vacancy for a UKCC Level 2 swimming coach to take on the role of Lead Coach for one of our three squads coaching competitive swimming to children generally aged between 9 to 12 years.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- deliver a coaching program derived from club plan to develop swimmers for competitive swimming
- attend competitions
- liaise with Head Coach and parents on matters relating to swimmers’ and club development
He or she is required to provide skilled and confident leadership to swimmers and the club has numerous poolside helpers with whom you must be able to liaise with and develop their knowledge.
The Lead Coach will be required to provide regular training 3 sessions per week (approx. 3.5 hours) to the middle of our three competitive squads and will be expected to attend competitions. Occasional cover for other squads may also be required.
- Level 2, (or Level 1 but prepared to work towards Level 2), Coaching Swimming Qualification
- Up to date knowledge of the principles of Long Term Athlete Development, as applied to Age Group Swimmers
- A PVG Disclosure Scotland Certificate (to be provided on request prior to appointment)
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, coaches, volunteers and parents, and to give constructive and positive feedback to inspire respect
- A courteous manner, with impeccable punctuality
COACHING AND COMPETITION
The successful candidate is required to:
- Improve and develop the technical skills of club members in all 4 strokes
- Improve and develop competition starts and turns ensuring compliance with all current FINA regulations
- Develop the aerobic fitness and stamina of all swimmers in accordance with best practice as outlined in current recommendations on Long Term Athlete Development
- Be able to develop progress plans based on Head coaches outline plan, competition and testing data
- Be able to use Hy-Tek Team Manager
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like further details please contact: Head Coach - Senga Dent email:-
President – Paul Cameron email:-
Closing date for applications is 16 June 2017