Dunfermline Amateur Swimming Club is seeking a committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic squad coach
Carnegie & Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre/ Inverkeithing Community Use Pool
Location: Carnegie & Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre/ Inverkeithing Community Use Pool
Job Type: Club Squad Coach
Hours: 2-4 hours/week
Closing date: 22nd December 2017
Dunfermline Amateur Swimming Club is seeking a committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic squad coach to be involved in all aspects of the club. We are looking for an individual who is either working towards, or has gained, their Level 2 Coaching Certificate. The squad coach must be prepared to work alongside, and actively mentor and encourage their assistants as well as working with the committee to enhance the clubs long term development.
We are a well-established club with over 100 members and a dedicated team of coaches & volunteers. The club caters for a mix of swimmers and aims to meet the competitive, developmental and fitness needs of all its members.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Able to motivate, encourage and develop swimmers of all abilities
- Assist in the structure and planning of the club to ensure the best use of pool time
- Assist with the creation and delivery of a suitable club coaching programme to help swimmers to reach their full potential.
- Encourage team spirit within squad, by displaying positive coaching ethos
- Select suitable competitive opportunities for all our swimmers and attend meets.
- Selection of teams with the help of assistant coaches
- Organizing and attending coaches meetings
- Be able to communicate effectively with club and committee members
- Support club development
- •Be a member of the Club and Scottish Swimming
- •Be a member of the PVG Scheme - an enhanced Disclosure Scotland check will be required for this position.
- •Attend Safeguarding & Protecting Children Workshop (update at 3 year intervals)
- •Abide by and promote sound ethics, Code of Conduct, Club policies and Scottish Swimming policies, in particular with regard to child protection, fair play and equal opportunities to all members