East District Technical Officials Workshop
Contemporary Issues Module Workshop
Monday 25 September 2017, 7.00pm
Auchterderran Church Hall,
Woodend Road, Cardenden, KY5 0NE
All Technical officials are encouraged to attend this workshop which is a compulsory module for those renewing their British Swimming licence.
The workshop may also of interest to any volunteers or parents who wish to gain an awareness of Scottish Swimming’s position on the included topics are also welcome.
The aims of the workshop are to enable each delegate to:
- •Familiarise yourself with Scottish Swimming policies and procedures and understand how they affect you
- •Develop a basic understanding of the Scottish Swimming Child Protection Policies and procedures and know how to report safeguarding concerns
- •Be able to define ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ and interpret the Equality Act (2010).
- •Develop your knowledge of the Scottish Swimming’s good practice guidelines to using social media
- •Be aware of health and safety considerations as officials
- •Increase awareness of the ‘world of swimming’ and officials training
Tutor; Alistair Shields
These events are open to any interested parties who are members of SASA.
- Next >>