The East District Swim Committee is responsible for organising annual championship and time trial events; running the regional programme in the east on behalf of Scottish Swimming and organising development opportunities for district swimmers and coaches.
We do this with the assistance of a huge number of volunteers. At present we are looking for additional help from club members interested in acting as :
- championship manager; see attached job description
- team managers; to travel with swimmers to competition outside Scotland and support other district activities
- a medal and trophy custodian; ensuring the required awards are available for each event (see job description)
- marshalls; to help poolside during events
- minute secretary; to attend and minute monthly committee meetings.
If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact the district swimming convenor (by email in the first instance)
stating what role you wish to assist with and any relevant experience. We will then arrange to meet with you for a full discussion about the role.
Role descriptors can be found at