East District Technical Officials Workshop
The following workshop will be held at the
Cupar ASC club house
Cupar Sports Centre, Carslogie Road, Cupar, KY15 4HY.
J1 Candidates who have progressed through a number of poolside sessions should then attend this Group Session to go over progress to date and to complete the review questions in their workbook.
At this second session the tutor will go over the duties and role of the Chief Inspector of Turns and Relay Take-off Judge.
Please bring workbook for review
6.30pm, Thursday 27 February 2020
tutor; Alistair Shields
For further information contact our tutor at
AOE Operator training
Got a technical mind?
Like problem solving?
Looking to get a little more involved?
Then working behind the scenes may be for you. You would be part of the team that ensures the times of all competitors are received correctly.
Volunteers for this role require a range of technical knowledge and have preferably a good understanding of the swimming discipline, IT and strong problem-solving skills are an advantage to these roles.
We are currently seeking volunteers who would like to undertake training as AOE operators and on successful completion of which candidates will have
· Knowledge of the components and functions of the AOE system in order to assist in fault-finding during operation and start up.
· Knowledge of all connections necessary for the successful operation of the equipment with the ability to set up the equipment and, dismantle, dry and store appropriately at the end of the gala.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the FINA rules regarding the use of AOE equipment.
· Be able to download information from the Meet Management and set up a session when standing alone (operating without Meet Management).
All applicants for training and assessment as AOE operators must have:
Ø Completed a Timekeeper course and all related poolside duties
Ø Be conversant with the operation of a PC under a Windows environment
It is desirable that the applicant is a Recorder or willing to undertake Recorder training during the AOE practical training period
Initial familiarisations sessions will be available at our designated training venue the Mercat Gait Centre, Prestonpans, to prospective applicants by prior arrangement only. These will encompass the installation and removal of the system along with its operation. Most of the practical training sessions will also be held at the Mercat Gait Centre.
The role requires volunteers to be able to;
* Attend at least 1 hour before warm up and remain 1 hour after the conclusion of a meet.
* Undertake manual handling of equipment into and out of the pool along with fitting cabling and equipment.
If you are interested please contact Alistair Shields, East District STO convenor,
, to arrange a familiarisation session where the training programme will be explained.
Details of future events will appear here.