AOE Operator training
Got a technical mind?
Like problem solving?
Looking to get a little more involved?
Then working behind the scenes may be for you. You would be part of the team that ensures the times of all competitors are received correctly.
Volunteers for this role require a range of technical knowledge and have preferably a good understanding of the swimming discipline, IT and strong problem-solving skills are an advantage to these roles.
We are currently seeking volunteers who would like to undertake training as AOE operators and on successful completion of which candidates will have
- Knowledge of the components and functions of the AOE system in order to assist in fault-finding during operation and start up.
- Knowledge of all connections necessary for the successful operation of the equipment with the ability to set up the equipment and, dismantle, dry and store appropriately at the end of the gala.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the FINA rules regarding the use of AOE equipment.
- Be able to download information from the Meet Management and set up a session when standing alone (operating without Meet Management).
All applicants for training and assessment as AOE operators must have:
- ØCompleted a Timekeeper course and all related poolside duties
- ØBe conversant with the operation of a PC under a Windows environment
It is desirable that the applicant is a Recorder or willing to undertake Recorder training during the AOE practical training period
Initial familiarisations sessions will be available at our designated training venue the Mercat Gait Centre, Prestonpans, to prospective applicants by prior arrangement only. These will encompass the installation and removal of the system along with its operation. Most of the practical training sessions will also be held at the Mercat Gait Centre.
The role requires volunteers to be able to;
- Attend at least 1 hour before warm up and remain 1 hour after the conclusion of a meet.
- Undertake manual handling of equipment into and out of the pool along with fitting cabling and equipment.
- << Prev