East District Technical Officials Workshops
The workshop will be held at the Mercat Gait Centre, Prestonpans
J2S Initial Workshop
This workshop encompasses the role and duties in relation to all aspects of being the Starter.
Attendees require to have undertaken their J2 second workshop prior to attending this workshop.
Please bring your J2 workbook, if necessary a further J2 workbook can be downloaded from the link provided at;
7pm, Tuesday 26 March 2019
tutor; John Sluman
Venue: Mercat Gait Centre, Preston Road, Prestonpans, EH32 9EN
Notice of Workshop
BS Para Swimming Module
Technical Officials Workshop
7.00pm Wednesday 3 April 2019
Premier Inn Meeting Room,
Edinburgh Park, 1 Lochside Court Edinburgh Midlothian EH12 9FX
This season has seen more para swimmers competing in our meets and the WPS World Series 2019 event will be held at Tollcross International Swim Centre, Glasgow on the 25 to 28 April. It is proposed to hold a British swimming CPD workshop on Para Swimming and Officiating.
This is an optional CPD module for British Swimming licenced officials and attendees will receive credit toward their renewal.
Tutor: Susan Liddle WPS International Para Official
East District STO Convener
AOE Operator training
Got a technical mind?
Like problem solving?
Looking to get a little more involved?
Then working behind the scenes may be for you. You would be part of the team that ensures the times of all competitors are received correctly.
Volunteers for this role require a range of technical knowledge and have preferably a good understanding of the swimming discipline, IT and strong problem-solving skills are an advantage to these roles.
We are currently seeking volunteers who would like to undertake training as AOE operators and on successful completion of which candidates will have
· Knowledge of the components and functions of the AOE system in order to assist in fault-finding during operation and start up.
· Knowledge of all connections necessary for the successful operation of the equipment with the ability to set up the equipment and, dismantle, dry and store appropriately at the end of the gala.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the FINA rules regarding the use of AOE equipment.
· Be able to download information from the Meet Management and set up a session when standing alone (operating without Meet Management).
All applicants for training and assessment as AOE operators must have:
Ø Completed a Timekeeper course and all related poolside duties
Ø Be conversant with the operation of a PC under a Windows environment
It is desirable that the applicant is a Recorder or willing to undertake Recorder training during the AOE practical training period
Initial familiarisations sessions will be available at our designated training venue the Mercat Gait Centre, Prestonpans, to prospective applicants by prior arrangement only. These will encompass the installation and removal of the system along with its operation. Most of the practical training sessions will also be held at the Mercat Gait Centre.
The role requires volunteers to be able to;
* Attend at least 1 hour before warm up and remain 1 hour after the conclusion of a meet.
* Undertake manual handling of equipment into and out of the pool along with fitting cabling and equipment.
Details of future events will appear here.